Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Shop 'Til You... Drink?

No doubt about it: Leather Peacock and I spend a huge portion of our time together shopping. She is a great sounding board for me and I know that I can count on her (usually brutal) honesty.This last weekend was no exception. Saturday pre-Grape Stomp, we ventured out to find fabric for my latest DIY project. I was having no luck but Leather Peacock suggested checking out the website Spoonflower. Originally I had planned to use a standard toile but, after perusing her suggested website, I settled on a toile that (if you look closely) contains trailer park scenes vice the standard French countryside. See why I keep this girl around? Mission accomplished so we decided to celebrate with some brew and grub at Carolina Ale House. Any excuse for a good beer.


Pre-shopping

My gangsta pose with my bling. Notice my stepdaughter viewing this spectacle from a safe distance on the porch.

Cute little fella, huh? We match!




Tank: Body Central
Shorts: Forever 21
Flip flops: New York & Company
Necklace: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Mudd at Kohl's

Sunday morning rolled around and I badgered Leather Peacock awake (via text and Twitter) so I could drag her to Target. The Shops at Target were debuting four new lines and I had my eye on the women's fashions from Kirna Zabete. But it was not meant to be for me. Oddly enough, Leather Peacock was the one who snatched up a Kirna Zabete dress. Not that I left empty handed...


My only Shops at Target buy of the day. A retro cappuccino mug with Mount Rushmore emblazoned on it from the Curiosity Shoppe. George Washington's bubble says, "What's Up?"
Tweed pants in the color of the moment.

Peplum dress. Thought I would hate this silhouette since I am pretty hippy but turns out to be pretty flattering.

 
Chambray shirt: Aerie for American Eagle
Tank: Mossimo from Target
Boyfriend Chinos: New York & Company
Shoes: Sanuks 








No comments:

Post a Comment