Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I Make Credit Cards Cry And Scarecrows Smile

Yes, the main objectives of this year's girls' weekend were to unplug, relax and recharge but Leather Peacock and I simply can't go anywhere without a huge shopping trip. After spending most of the day getting pampered at Lakeview at Fontana's spa, we headed to downtown Bryson City. The staff at the hotel had arranged an after hours shopping trip for us at a local boutique. And there was wine. They knew how to hook us.

Prior to our private shopping trip, we perused a few other stores, picked up some cute jewelry and even got a jump start on some Christmas shopping. Most of the stores were amping up for Halloween and had their take on scarecrows out front. I am one of those people who can't resist posing (usually in a ridiculous manner) with statues. Turns out scarecrows are no different for me. The more wine I consumed, the worse it got.

Around 7 p.m., we met the lovely and stylish Erin Smith at her store, Humanité. This woman has fabulous taste, as reflected by her store's selection. Fueled by a great selection of wine and Erin's keen eye for styling, we ran through her store like a pack of hyenas, snatching up all kinds of goodies.

Style is a enviable thing to have, but without substance, it really is just smoke and mirrors. This is where Erin and Humanité will always hold a special place in my heart. Inspired by a mission trip to Africa a few years ago, Erin hand-picks Fair Trade, organic and reclaimed items for her store AND commits 10% of her store's profit to charitable organizations. Check out her story here on the store's website. We enjoyed her hospitality and making our credit cards beg for mercy but knowing that we could help contribute, even in the smallest way, will last much longer than any trend.

Cardigan: Modcloth
T-shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21
Tights: Target
Oxfords: Ruche
Purse: Modcloth



Still early but you can tell by my hand placement that I am already starting to get fresh with Mr. Scarecrow



My favorite: Scarlett O'Scara!!!

I am sure lap dancing a scarecrow was a good idea at the time


I couldn't even manage to put my wine glass down long enough to model my new ring and bracelets picked up at some random shop in Bryson City.
Erin Smith, owner of Humanité, fashionista and humanitarian. She also has great taste in wine!

Humanité is located at 130 Everett Street, Bryson City, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment