Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Making 237 Years Old Look Good

This Saturday marked the 237th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. While Leather Peacock (a sailor) and I (an Army veteran) love to give the Marines hell, it is all in good fun and we love those Jarheads. Me especially, since I married one. The Marines sure how to throw a party, and they really roll out the red carpet for their annual birthday bash. It also means that I get to pretend to be Cinderella for the evening (and act like a Co-Ed on Spring Break when we hit the bars post-ball).

At the Ball

Dress: thrifted but tag says Dress Barn
Earrings: Forever 21
Necklace: from a clothing swap with friends
Bracelet: Lauren Conrad from Kohl's
Shoes and clutch: The Shoe Department

Post-Ball:

Dress: Found at Ross for only $8
Leggings: Forever 21
Cardigan: Modcloth (one of their Stylish Surprises where you gamble $15 and give them your size and they send you something that they are trying to clear out of their warehouse)

I have dropped major dough at past balls but getting my hair done was actually my most expensive undertaking this year. Because, you know, budget cutbacks ain't just for the bureaucrats...

The only dignified pictures of us were when it was still light out.

All downhill from here...

Don't let the Monster can fool you. I forgot my flask so this is my makeshift one. It is actually full of vodka.

Uh-oh... Jell-O shots... Who's idea was this?

Whatever the hell was in those boots did me in for the evening. It tasted like Sweet-Tarts but the big gaping hole in my memory starts right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment