Friday, January 4, 2013

Color Me Sad

I am feeling very blah right now. Mr. Southern Helle left for school, marking the beginning of our 6 month (geographic not legal) separation. It also marked the day I became a (gulp!) single mother for my stepdaughter. Considering I was a free-wheeling single without any children just four short years ago, you can see how this almost sends me in to a panic attack. Sometimes I still feel like a kid and I wonder how the hell I am going to guide and raise a fourteen year old on my own.

Today's clothing choice even reflected my current state of mind: grey and black. Initially it looked like I was going to a funeral so I added the teal tights at the last moment for a pop of color. Fake it 'til you make it. Besides, let's be real... who can be completely gloomy when they are wearing bright teal tights? It did brighten (ahem...bad pun) my day just a touch.

Dress: Modcloth
Vest: Humanité
Tights: Target
Shoes: Madeline Stuart at Ross
Necklace: Forever 21
Ring: New York & Company
Bracelets: Claire's Boutique





1 comment:

  1. Love your dress,dear.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.;)
    Lovely greets Nessa
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete